2/18/2010

Logo designs

Before I started my own logo design, I researched some logos for other loft apartment buildings and picked a few to draw inspiration from...

From there, I started to sketch out some preliminary ideas. I knew I wanted my logo to be graphic, have minimal images to focus on the text, and I wanted to incorporate my color scheme with it.

Here are my first designs:


I felt these designs were too simple for what I was looking for. I wanted to add more color to them as well.

Then I started to add the color scheme I want to incorporate into my project : deep purple, black, white, and grays.

After some revisions, here is my final logo that I will use for my capstone project. I like this logo the best out of all my designs because it mimics the shape of the actual building (long & rectangular). It is also still simple with the addition of text inside of the logo.

No comments: